Friday, December 27, 2013

New Story

I am putting a story together based on the movie character “Leatherface” from the Texas Chainsaw Massacre franchise. As some of you may know that I played this character in a Haunted House this past Halloween. I find the story from the original Hopper movie great. There was no gore to the movie just a lot of buildup, sound, and surprise. I will be writing the story from the view point of Leatherface. It will be continuing that will be posted over time, it maybe a page or idea everyday or so and there could be a bit of editing to older entries. So if you find the story is more puzzling to read and doesn’t flow real well, please contact me and I will rewrite it so it can make sense to you. I will only use one label “Leatherstory”. The main page will be "edited and added to so look for it in the same place every week.

So please look for it weekly.

Direct email


The Leatherface Chronicles

 

            Much of the time I stand here looking out of the landscape of our immensely large back yard with the tall grass blowing around in the wind where you can see rusted cars parked throughout the clearing and overflowing through the tree line. I listen to a calming song over the old AM transistor radio that my grandmother listen too when she cooked for us years ago, with the warm meat and flowing blood of the fresh kill reminds me of the first time I took the life out of another living thing.

            Growing up in Travis County Texas was a fun time in my life. The entire family would get together and have cook outs that would last for hours. Back in the 60s the family was much larger with many political and official connections. The larger annual gatherings brought in people from all over Texas and were used as a ceremonial event for coming of age to those male family members that were turning thirteen. Years earlier while I was real young I was being watched by my overweight aunt who would come over and sit with us while the family went out to handle “family business”. It was at this time she taught me a little about the business. With living on a farm, we had plenty of animals. While we walked around in search of a possible killing, a small kitten started rubbing at my feet and let out a small “meow”. My aunt with her raspy voice yelled to me “Grab that little beast”. So I picked it up and cuddled it like it was a small newborn baby so it would feel safe and try not to escape. We walked up to the butcher room that was attached to the backside off the kitchen. I was not allowed to go in before now. I looked up and my aunt and she gave me the nod to assured me that it was okay to go in. To a small child looking up at everything that the family has built on for years made me feel honored and proud. To think I would be able to use these tools of the trade made me feel proud. She helped me up to the edge of a large dark would table that was covered with stains of the past. She put on a large pair of leather gloves took the kitten from my arms and held it down on its back. The leather gloves protected her from the screaming and clawing that the kitten was doing to protect itself from what was going to next. With the other hand she pulled over from the side of the table a clean canvas roll with bulges on all sides. She told to take it and unroll it out. I pulled the neatly tied knot that looks it the ones on Christmas presents. As I opened it, the tools shined in the sunlight as each on became visible. They were each cleaned and unsoiled. The handles on these tools were darker than the table and were smooth to the touch. These are the only tools I have ever seen outside the rusty saws and farm tools in the barn. She told me to pick anyone I wanted to use. There was a small awl that had a little button type handle that fit perfect in my small seven year old hands. With my left hand I but the butt of the handle and slowly put it in the mouth of the screaming kitten that I was just holding like a baby just moments before. The awl was so sharp at the tip that it just slid in like momma’s rose torn in my finger with I pick one for her. I can feel it hitting the back of the skull so with the right hand I make a small little fist and slam it down on top of my other hand. This also made the kitten fight a little harder but kept it’s head still while the rest of the body was scratching and fighting to get away from it’s soon to be death. The awl was small and made a small hole that caused just very little bleeding. There was just enough blood that it was pooling in the back of the throat. I stood over it watching the kitten scream and claw under the powerful grip of the leather glove that was getting covered with pattered blood from the kitten spitting up in order to breath. Blood from the back of the head was pooling under the body and absorbed in the fur of its head and back. With all the fighting and jerking of its head it made the hole larger and the blood to flow more and now running out from under the slow moving body of this kitten…………..MORE TO COME

No comments:

Post a Comment